For a list of prices and services, please email Joy at rawphoto1517@gmail.com.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Stumped. Or. Stomped.

As a girl growing up with three brothers and no sisters, it comes to nobody's surprise that I am competitive and I like sports.  For the most part, I like them all, except for golf.  I don't play golf, I don't like to watch golf, it's just not my sport.  So when i went to college, picking a career was simple.  Nothing made sense quite like Exercise Science. I hate math, history bores me, and the thought of teaching little kids scares me.  After 4 years of anatomy and physiology, anatomical kinesiology, and other such classes, I graduated with my degree, only to learn it really won't do much for me without a second degree.



While at college I took a couple photography classes.  I quickly discovered I loved taking pictures, and found great joy in taking and developing photos.  Never thought I would be doing it for a living, but it seems that is where I am.

Five years after CU, I decided to go back to school to pursue a career in Physical Therapy Assistant, from Baker College.  More anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, intro to PTA and many more. All leading up to the application to the program, the first attempt was no good. I re-took classes, received my bonus point, and tried again.  Out of anywhere between 60-80 applicants (only 20 accepted), I got my letter this past Thursday.   Knowing my grades weren't the greatest, I didn't expect to get in, so I started to create my back up plan.  Which really became my plan.  Opening my letter this week to see I once again have not been accepted, showed me what God wants me to do with my life.


So here I am, about to go all in as a photographer, and I have to be honest, i'm kinda terrified. Can this be what I do for a living? Can I make enough money to pay my bills?  Can I really have a job that I LOVE and am passionate about? I hope the answer is YES, it needs to be YES.

So in my story, my happy ending is me, my camera and nothing but God's beauty for me to capture.

3 comments:

  1. Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

    Congratulations! I'm so excited for your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!! If you want any graphics stuff done... like logo, business cards, brochure with prices... ect. let me know. I would love to create that stuff for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! Your always so positive Laura, you keep me grounded, and motivated! :)

    Haley- Thanks for the offer, I do have most of that stuff done already, but will keep you in mind for future projects!

    ReplyDelete